Stressed and de-motivated
Constant stress over time depletes our reserves of energy and motivation, and strips our bodies of valuable minerals and nutrients, making recovery from stressful periods more difficult.
• Tyrosine increases the production of the neurotransmitters dopamine and adrenaline, providing focus, energy and motivation.
• If de-motivation is coupled with a low mood, 5HTP helps to increase serotonin in the brain (5HTP cannot be taken alongside anti-depressants).
• Supplement with nutrients which are used up quickly during times of stress offering adrenal support, and acting as the building blocks for energy production. These include B Vitamins, Magnesium, Zinc and Vitamin C.
• Biocare AD 206 supports adrenal health with a range of herbs and nutrients.
• Rhodiola is a herb which is used for its adaptogenic properties which enable the body to adapt to stressful situations, and increase stamina and concentration.
Other tips and hints:
• Avoid sugar consumption and caffeine, as fluctuating blood sugar levels lead to unstable moods, fatigue, and feelings of de-motivation.
• Exercise on a regular basis. This increases endorphins which raise the mood.