De-stressed mind and mood support
Long-term, chronic stress can result in low moods, anxiety, and sometimes depression. This can be resolved with the right nutrients.
• 5HTP works to increase serotonin levels in the body. Serotonin levels can decrease due to prolonged exposure to stress, and deficiency can contribute to a low mood, anxiety, and trouble sleeping. (5HTP cannot be taken alongside anti-depressants.)
• Stress rapidly depletes the body of the mineral Magnesium, which can result in signs of deficiency such as irritability, anxiety, twitching muscles, and trouble getting to sleep at night.
• B Vitamins provide energy and nervous system support during stressful periods.
• Valerian is helpful for relieving anxiety and calming the nervous system. It can relieve anxiety when taken during the day, and help with sleeping when taken at night.
• Phosphatidyl Serine is a phospholipid which helps to produce neurotransmitters dopamine and serotonin, improving mood and concentration.
• Omega 3 feeds the brain with the oils it needs to function optimally, and supports a healthy and happy mood.
Other tips and hints:
• Eat foods which increase serotonin in the brain such as turkey, cottage cheese, and dark chocolate.
• Practice relaxation techniques each day such as deep breathing exercises.