Mind and Mood
• Rhodiola is a herb which is used for its adaptogenic properties which enable the body to adapt to stressful situations, and increase stamina and concentration.
• For calming states of anxiety, Valerian works on the central nervous system to bring you down to a more relaxed and peaceful state.
• B Vitamins for boosting mood, memory, concentration and energy levels, and neurotransmitter production.
• Vitamin B12 is important for the maintenance of a healthy nervous system. Deficiency can be attributed to low moods and depression.
• Bach flowers remedies work at the subtle yet powerful level to rebalance the emotions. For example, white chestnut is a bach flower remedy which is used for those whose minds are overactive, especially at night while they are trying to sleep.
• 5HTP or St Johns Wort help to increase serotonin levels in the brain, which is beneficial if the mood is low.
• Omega 3 contributes to a positive and balanced mood.
• Zinc is necessary for a healthy nervous system, and a deficiency has been attributed to mood disorders. Zinc improves neurotransmitter synthesis so that the brain can communicate effectively with the rest of the body.
• Magnesium may help to improve moods, and help to relieve depression, anxiety, and premenstrual syndrome.
Other tips and ideas:
• Include 15 minutes of meditation in your daily routine for increased wellbeing.
• Exercise at least three times per week for increased blood flow and endorphin levels.