• Homeopathic chamomilla – as well as being useful for teething and colic, chamomilla is emotionally calming as it acts to soothe and relax.
• Rescue remedy. Children respond well to bach flower remedies, which work on the subtle emotional level, helping to alleviate distress and gently calm.
• Fish oil – omega three which is found in fish oil nourishes brain and emotional health, specifically DHA for brain health. Children with hyperactivity disorders have been found to respond well to DHA supplementation as DHA constitutes a large portion of the fats which are found in the brain, aiding a calm disposition and concentration.
• Other tips and hints:
• Avoid colourings, preservatives and additives in food as these are known to cause hyperactivity in children.
• Avoid sugar and caffeine.
• Focus on providing your child a simple diet based around whole grains, good quality protein, and fruits and vegetables.