Stressed and sore
Stress contributes to inflammatory processes in the body which can lead to many health conditions, and can ultimately affect our cardiovascular and immune systems.
The body responds to stress by producing inflammation. It is produced in order to support the ‘fight or flight’ response stress causes in the body, but has negative health affects in the long run.
• Magnesium, B Vitamins, Vitamin C and Zinc offer stress support.
• Fish oil or flaxseed oil contains omega 3 which has potent anti-inflammatory effects.
• Barley grass is very cleansing and alkalinising to the body, reducing inflammation, and provides a wide array of vitamins and minerals.
Other tips and hints:
• Eat a diet high in fruits and vegetables, as colourful and as varied as possible.
• Avoid sugar, alcohol, caffeine, and trans-fatty acids, as they are all pro-inflammatory.
• Turmeric and Green tea can be added to the diet for their anti-inflammatory benefits.