De-stressed blood sugar and weight loss support
Keeping blood sugar levels stable is very important, as rising and falling blood sugar levels cause the adrenal glands to pump out stress hormones such as adrenaline and cortisol. Stress also causes sugar to be released by the body to be used in its “fight or flight” state. If insulin is deficient, excess blood sugar is unable to be taken up by the cells and remains in the blood stream, keeping blood sugar levels high.
Avoid these fluctuations by avoiding and reducing stress, having small meals regularly, include protein in each meal, avoid sugary and processed foods, avoid stimulants such as coffee, and always eat breakfast in the morning.
Chronic stress and elevated cortisol levels also stimulate the appetite and slow the metabolism, and because cells around the abdomen have a large amount of receptors for cortisol, this leads to fat being increasingly stored around the stomach area.
• Magnesium, B Vitamins, Vitamin C and Zinc for adrenal and stress support.
• Chromium is necessary for stabilising blood sugar levels by improving the insulin response. Chromium also helps to control sugar cravings.
• Zinc stabilises blood sugar levels by improving the response of our cells to insulin, allowing excess sugar to be taken out of the blood stream.
• Biocare Sucroguard contains a range of nutrients specifically formulated to support healthy blood sugar levels.
Other tips and hints:
• Eat protein with each meal. Good sources of protein include: fish, eggs, nuts and seeds, organic chicken, beans, and legumes such as lentils and chickpeas.
• Avoid caffeine, alcohol, sugar and refined carbohydrates such as white bread, as they cause a sharp spike in blood sugar levels, followed by a drop.