Stressed and Bloated
The digestive system is greatly affected by stress. Perception of stress causes activation of the ‘fight or flight’ mechanism which tells the body it is in danger, causing blood from the digestive tract to be diverted to the muscles of the limbs for instant action. When our digestion isn’t working well, this can result in food intolerances and symptoms such as bloating, nausea, diarrhoea, constipation, and heartburn.
• You can look after your digestive system by taking a high potency Probiotic to replace the bacteria which can become depleted by stress, Glutamine for protection of the stomach lining which can become damaged through excessive stress and cortisol production, and Digestive enzymes if you find you have trouble digesting your food during stressful periods.
• Magnesium, B Vitamins, Vitamin C and Zinc offer adrenal and stress support.
• Support liver function with Milk thistle or Globe artichoke for improved digestion.
• Biocare AD 206 supports adrenal health with a range of herbs and nutrients.
Other tips and hints:
• Chamomile tea is an excellent de-stresser which can be drunk throughout the day, and greatly benefits for the digestive system.
• Eat slowly and chew your food well. Try not to eat when stressed or upset.