Getting your little one to bed for a restful nights sleep can be a challenge. The more you can do to calm, soothe and promote relaxation in the evening, the easier it will be.
• Magnesium can help your child to have a good nights sleep. Magnesium acts as a muscle relaxant and has a calming effect on the nervous system
• Rescue remedy with white chestnut can be used to calm the mind and reduce any repetitive thoughts running through the mind.
• Chamomile tea – a small cup of chamomile tea after dinner can help to calm and get your child ready for bedtime.
Other tips and hints:
• Avoid sugar or anything caffeinated, especially in the evening, as they will act as stimulants and encourage hyperactivity.
• Lavender essential oil has a calming and sedative effect. It can be added to an oil burner, dabbed onto your child’s pulse points or pillow, or a few drops added to the water at bath time.