It is normal and healthy for children to be exposed to various infections and have their immune system challenged. However, re-current colds, flus, or other infections are a sign that your child’s immune system may need strengthening.
• Elderberry and Echinacea act to increase white blood cell count and counteract any infections.
• Vitamin C and Zinc increase white blood cell production and boost immunity.
• Beta-glucans is found in the cell wall of fungi and yeast and work to support the immune system.
Other tips and ideas:
• Avoid dairy products and sugar during an infection, as they encourage the production of mucous, and sugar also acts to suppress the immune system.
• Consume eight to ten servings of fruits and vegetables per day for good nutrition and therefore strong immunity.