Fertility for women
Women’s fertility is dependent upon hormonal balance, overall health, adequate nutrition, and emotional health.
• Folic acid is responsible for DNA synthesis. Folic acid should be taken for three to six months before conception to reduce the likelihood of neural tube defects such as spina bifida.
• Fish oil contains omega 3 fatty acids which are essential when wanting to conceive, as they contribute to healthy brain development.
• A multivitamin which contains Vitamins C, E, selenium, and zinc helps to increase the chances of conception, as a healthy and well-nourished body is much more receptive to conception.
• Agnus castus can help to improve fertility by regulating the menstrual cycle, and stimulates ovulation so that fertilisation to take place.
Other tips and hints
• Reduce stress through exercise, yoga, meditation.
• Improve nutrition by consuming a diet based around fruits, vegetables, and wholegrains. Avoid processed foods, as they are much lower in nutrient content
• Avoid alcohol, smoking, caffeine, sugar.
• Rescue Remedy is useful for stress relief
• Try Acupuncture at The Health Zone Clinic as an adjunct to nutritional therapy. It is an ancient Chinese form of healing, with an excellent success rate for fertility.