De-stressed immunity and anti-inflammatory support
Stress causes cortisol levels to rise, which suppress the immune system. There are often no infections during stressful periods, but once the stressful period comes to an end, this is when infections and colds can invade a vulnerable immune system.
• Vitamin C is concentrated in the adrenal glands. Adequate Vitamin C is required for production of stress hormones, and for immune system support.
• Anti-inflammatory nutrients such as Turmeric, Green tea, Tart cherry juice and Barley grass can reduce inflammation significantly.
• Fish oil or flaxseed oil contain Omega 3 which is a potent anti-inflammatory.
• Garlic is known as a natural anti-biotic, helping to fight and prevent colds and infections.
• Vitamins A, C and E, Selenium, Zinc support the immune system and reduces the occurrence of infections.
• Echinacea, Elderberry, and Olive leaf support the immune system and have anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties.
Other tips and hints:
• Avoid sugar in order to keep the immune system strong, as sugar suppresses the immune system.
• Avoid dairy products during infections, as they encourage the production of mucous in the respiratory tract.