De-stressed digestive and liver support
Stress diverts blood from the digestive system so that it can be used for energy by the body. Because of this diversion, good digestion cannot take place. It is important to reduce stress as much as possible, and take the right nutrients to support digestive function.
• Stress causes reduced stomach acid and digestive enzyme production by the body, which results in suboptimal digestion. Supplement with hydrochloric acid and digestive enzymes
• Stress depletes beneficial bacteria in the digestive system. Probiotic supplementation can replace the bacteria which is lost. Probiotics support the immune system, and help the body to break down food so that the nutrients from it can be absorbed.
• Liver health is affected by stress. Support liver function with Milk thistle, Globe artichoke, or Dandelion root which encourage detoxification and also help to improve digestive function.
Other tips and hints:
• It is important to avoid eating when stressed or upset.
• Practice relaxation techniques each day such as deep breathing exercises.